Hacking Health Kids – Health Tech Bootcamp!
The Hospital for Sick Children is working with Hacking Health to organize the first hackathon in Canada aimed at solving problems in childhood health. In this weekend event, healthcare professionals will be working with designers and developers to create digital healthcare solutions for kids, their families, and caregivers.
Kids can be involved as well! We invite you to our free day-long Health Tech Bootcamp, open to teens ages 12-16. In this bootcamp, you will work with other teens to create a website about a child health issue. No experience necessary! Our instructors will teach you how to make a website from scratch. You’ll also get a chance to showcase your creations to everyone at the hackathon.
Date: Sunday, May 4th, 2014.
Time: 9 AM to 4 PM. Check-in opens at 8 AM.
Where: SickKids Research Tower (PGCRL), 686 Bay St.
Requirements: Bring your own lunch!
How to register:
- Go to: hh-kids.eventbrite.ca
- Click on Enter Promotional Code right above the green Order Now button
- Enter the access code: hhkids2014bootcamp
- Select the number of tickets, under “Health Tech Bootcamp”
- Click the green Order Now button