Starting in 2015, CoderDojo Toronto is moving to an objective based session format, aiming to welcome and challenge students across multiple sessions. Students will work through a set of activity cards to the creation of ‘My First Website’.
To prepare for this event, you might want to consider what type of website you want to make. Some ideas to get the ball rolling:
- About your family
- An issue that you care about (your community, environment, culture and society, music)
- Highlight a collection or hobby (Embed videos or Scratch programs, archive your rare stamps)
- Your small business
- A website about sealife, horses, or dinosaurs
If you know what you want to build a site about, what will it do?
- What pages will it have?
- Who do you want to see this site?
- Do you want people to be able to contact you from the site?
- How should visitors of the site feel?
- Do you want the visitors to complete an action on the site?
We are looking forward to mentoring you as you create your first website.
*Bitmaker Labs is a code academy for adults. It is located up a small flight of stairs. Wheelchair access is unfortunately not available at this time. Visit coderdojoto.com to download supplementary resources for use at home. Contact [email protected] with any questions about accessibility or if you have any questions about our session resources.